Monday 17 December 2012

Winter Wonderland and Covent Garden

Hellllooooo!

University has finally finished for the semester and at last I can have my life back. Since it's nearly Christmas I thought I would blog about Christmas markets!

I love Christmas, seriously love it. I love that round this time of year everyone is a festive mood and celebrates all together. Christmas markets is where this mood and celebrations are at their peak; so when my Auntie invited me to Winter Wonderland with my cousins, I jumped at the chance to go! For those who don't know what Winter Wonderland is, it's a huge event where Hyde Park in London is transformed into, well, a Winter Wonderland. There are rides, stalls, ice rink and plenty of food! I'm a massive foodie so I was in complete heaven; mulled wine, roasted chestnuts, hog roast, waffles, every food related to winter and Christmas was there.

Winter Wonderland is open until 6th January of you want to go! I recommend going early though to beat some of the crowds. More info here http://www.hydeparkwinterwonderland.com/

Another place in London famous for their Christmas spirit is Covent Garden. Plenty of beautiful decorations, shops and performers to see. We had lunch at a place called Brasserie Blanc (it's a chain so there is plenty around) which overlooked Covent Garden so we got a great view of the decorations that hung from the market's roof!

The whole day was so much fun and I am now fully in the festive mood!! Hopefully you all are too!!

Yours always,

Miss P xx


My Auntie having fun on Santa's chair!!

Hot Chestnuts

 Chocolate shapes!
Fresh salmon rolls!

The family!!


Brasserie Blanc in Covent Garden (photo from Instagram, follow me TheOnlyMissP) 
Me and my auntie. Shirt from Zara


 Another Instagram photo


2 comments:

  1. ah im gutted i never got to go to winter wonderland this year.. i was also loving the decor at covent garden though ! happy new year :)

    http://adashofperfection.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's still open until the end of this week ! Happy New Year to you too !

    ReplyDelete